What is PCOS? If you’re looking for information about PCOS, Symptoms, Causes, and Ayurvedic care. Then this article is for you.
What is PCOS?
PCOS is a condition in which the ovaries don’t function normally and don’t ovulate regularly, is the result. This causes the formation of an abnormal number of immature eggs that are not matured properly and then turn into cysts. PCOS, known as “polycystic ovary syndrome,” is a hormonal disease that people may get in their childbearing years and it triggers irregular cycles. It will decrease a person’s desire to have children (your doctor will call it your fertility). PCOS is the most common cause of reproductive health problems across all age groups.
Also, it can
- Causes acne and excess hair on the body.
- Increased risk of other health conditions, including cardiovascular disease and diabetes.
How do you know if you have PCOS?
PCOS Symptoms include:
- Irregular or missing periods
- Elevated body
- Facial hair,
- Increased acne,
- Weight gain,
- Difficulties reducing weight,
- Sleep problems,
- Male pattern hair loss,
- Gestational diabetes,
- High blood pressure (during birth or delivery),
- Skin marks.
What causes PCOS?
The condition is poorly known, but it occurs as hormones become unbalanced.
- Women with PCOS have increased levels of androgens, the male sex hormones.
- A few hormones that are out of control, including oestrogen, progesterone, and insulin, are also present.
- Due to PCOS, there is an elevated chance of abortion, diabetes, heart disease, and cancer.
How Common It Is?
In India, one in five (20%) women suffer from polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)
Ayurvedic Treatment Options
According to Ayurveda, PCOS can be classified into
Basically, the Vata Kapha hara and the dushta medahara chikitsa, the gulma chikitsa, and the adhoga raktapitta chikitsa are used for treatment in the arthava apravrutti stage.
These treatments can help like Vamana, Uttara Basti, Nasya, Sthoulya Hara chikitsa.
- Health improvements including daily exercise, a balanced diet.
- To lose weight and control hormones and menstrual cycles.
- Breathing exercises, pranayama.
- drinking alcohol
- Consuming dried, preserved meals, or consuming caffeinated beverages.
- Contraindicated in the intake of products that are bitter, spicy, hot, or have a similar flavor.
- Less-active lifestyle.
- Excessive/very little sleep after dinner.
PCOS should be taken care of in its early stages. Generally, it isn’t ever diagnosed or it is taken for granted that the disorder is minor. Early diagnosis helps to avert damaged fertility as well as to prevent complications of the disease.
Lifestyle modification is the first therapy that clinicians prescribe for PCOS, which sometimes performs well according to your timeframe and schedule. Diet, yoga or aerobic exercises are two successful ways of reducing weight.
Take the first step toward treating your PCOS and living a worry-free life by contacting us for expert advice and guidance.
Book Your Appointment Now, Visit Us: https://eliteayurveda.com/
Call Us: +91 8884722246